Welcome to the Houston County School Nutrition Department.
Mission Statement: The goal of the Houston County School Nutrition Department is to provide our students nutritious and satisfying meals. Our kind an caring staff hopes to brighten our students' day while serving them with a smile.
Child Nutrition Director
School Cafeteria Managers
EES Cafeteria Manager
TRES Cafeteria Manager
HCMS Cafeteria Manager
HCHS Cafeteria Manager
Monthly menus are available on this website through the Menus link on the main page. We also have a Facebook page - Houston County School Food Services. We provide monthly menus, menu changes, and general information.
The Free and Reduced Meal Application is located here.
|Breakfast - Student||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Breakfast - Staff||$2.10||$2.10||$2.10||$2.10|
|Breakfast - All Visitors||$2.10||$2.10||$2.10||$2.10|
|Lunch - Student||$2.00||$2.00||$2.25||$2.50|
|Lunch - Staff||$3.25||$3.25||$3.25||$3.25|
|Lunch - All Visitors||$3.50||$3.50||$3.50||$3.50|
Free & Reduced-Price Applications
- Applications will be sent home on the first day of school with each student
- Available at each individual school or at Board of Education
- Each child must qualify for the program EACH year
- Only ONE application per household is needed
- Please complete an application even if the student(s) did not qualify in previous years as the eligibility income minimum has increased
- Please send cash or check in an envelope with your child’s name
- Please write separate check for lunch payments
- Please do not include book money or field trip money, etc. with lunch money
- Please keep informed regarding your child’s account balance
- Students or staff my only charge up to $25
- Once a student or staff member reaches $25 charge, they must have money to pay for their meal that day
- Balance statements will be sent home via student, emailed to a parent, or mailed to the home address, Prompt payment is expected
- A la carte items must be paid for at time they are purchased, they cannot be charged
- You may view student purchases, payments, and up-to-date balance on Skyward
- If you are unable to check Skyward, please contact your child’s principal for log-in information
- We encourage you to call to check student account balances
- EES – 931.289.3348
- HCHS - 931.289.4449
- TRES – 931.721.3751
- HCMS – 931.289.3271
- Offer Vs. Serve
- Fruit and/or fruit juice
- 1 Grain & 1 Meat OR 2 Grains OR 2 Meats
- In Offer Vs. Serve – all 4 items are offered; students can elect to choose 3 or more items, but must choose a fruit. Less than 3 items will result in A la carte pricing
- Meat/Meat Alternative
- Grain/Grain Alternative
- In Offer Vs. Serve – all 5 items are offered; students can elect to choose 3,4 or 5 items but must choose a fruit or vegetable. Less than 3 items will result in A la carte pricing.
Thank you for allowing us to feed your child! Best wishes for a wonderful school year!
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.